View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #64
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I work in a factory with fellow union employees who are conservative republicans and vote republican no matter what, which a lot of times was not in their best interest. (Yet, they would scorn anyone who drove a non Chrysler/Dodge product into the parking lot and even maybe turn it over on its side).

There is absolutely no talking to them about it. None, zip. Its God and country all the way. They are not interested in hearing anything different. I work next to them and sometimes I have tried to say things like since Reagan, unions have been in big trouble because of republican politicians voting yes on bills that are anti-worker/union. These are people who voted republican again even after Indiana passed the right-to-work law. OMG, don't even try to reason with them, they will not listen.

I don't try anymore. Yes, I know I am in my own bubble, and I know that it makes me a big outsider to the people I live and work with. I will not talk at all about my ideas, it gets me in trouble around here.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote