View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #5831
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

We had a pretty good meal, except:
I ordered the LARGE mixed grill (yes I took a lot home in my leftovers box!) but just got a mixed grill. The waiter was superb and came back with the missing items within 5 minutes.
The meat was all pretty dry on both Mixed Grills (Dad ordered the regular).
It took 45 minutes for us to get our meal (but then there was not a free table in the place when we sat down).

Given that it was free, I was very pleased with it.
I need to get back to them and tell them that the chap who looked like Jeff Brazier was superb.

Pic attached. Of my meal I mean.

Tonight I am happy because I made Mum happy.
Ste bought her a selection from Lush (handmade toiletry company) for her birthday on Sept 3rd and she cheekily opened it early because she couldn't resist the smell. She mistook the strawberry massage bar for a soap and was really disappointed when she tried to use it in the shower. So to appease her, I massaged her feet with it tonight. Now she LOVES having her feet "played with". Dad can do it in future - he doesn't mind it, he married the woman! But I'm happy because I turned a Fail into a Good Present and relaxed her at the same time. And indeed my hands still exude Sundae goodness.

There were other items of course, but the one she'd used didn't work as she expected and I could tell a cloud of disappointment now surrounded the whole present. She'll give the others more of a chance now.

Goodness knows what she'll make of mine - I bought seedlings from eBay and potted them up and now have them in a big pot ready for her bday - to provide winter colour for months. It's not exactly an immediate present though... Still, I'm making her a cake on Thursday (birthday Friday) and she doesn't know I have writing-icing, so am hoping to wow her with a personalised cakie. Good or bad I WILL take a picture!
Attached Images

Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote