Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #155
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Sounds like an excellent learning experience and nobody froze to death, bonus!
Total bonus Although, I think I need to research fire safety items on account of the bacon grease fire. It was contained, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
You’ve learnt such a lot in just one wee trip! Sounds like you’re going to have a lot of fun with this!
I hope it'll be fun! I have 8 more trips to go - lol! I'm sure I'll learn even more at my first solo one in a couple weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
How exciting!

I'm thrilled to hear your update. Congratulations, seriously, congratulations.

You glossed over the one thing you have that's *crucial* for a successful trip - - a good attitude.

Seriously. I know lost of people who are fully capable outside the city, and their misery is freaking contagious. Skills can be acquired and improved, gear can be bought, made, improvised...

Being out there... Getting the hell up off yer butt and GOING, that's a big key to your success.
Thanks! I agree about the attitude. I could've complained the whole time about being sore or the pace of my camping buddy, but I held my tongue and let it go. It's a lot easier in the woods. I don't think even a year or two ago I would have been able to do that. I never thought I'd be someone willing to go into the woods for a few days, but I'm enjoying it. I'll have to see if I like it when the bugs start eating me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I'm a side sleeper too, and never got relaxed enough to be rested sleeping in a hammock. Your mileage may vary.
I'm hoping I will be able to sleep on my back, then. I don't have enough cushioning on the ground to sleep on my back. My butt is too big I ordered from REI, so if it doesn't work out, I can take it back for a full refund up to a year after purchase date.