View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #207
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
We gave our 15yo daughter tickets to see Pippen at the National Theater for Christmas. She's really into broadway shows now and it was pretty much the perfect gift for her. She and my wife went, and she waited by the stage door to get autographs and chat with the cast.

So a couple days ago, she told us that she really wanted to go see it again before it left town. She was counting out all her money that she had, raiding her coin jar to come up with the ticket price, but it was really stressing her out because she had spent so much for Christmas gifts. She also had plans to get a birthday friend a present and go to the Hobbit with another friend, so funds were really tight.

So I suggested she just do the last minute lottery to buy unsold seats for $25 and just leave it up to the Pippen gods to see if she was going to get to see the show again. Maybe it would be sold out, or maybe not.

So she just went to downtown DC on the Metro all by herself,and went up to the box office and got her name on the lottery list, and won! She got one of the $150 orchestra seats for only $25.

So I'm proud of her that she's independent enough to get herself downtown in a major city and get seats to a show. Presumably, she'll get herself back home as well, but that remains to be seen.

Yesterday she did it again. This time she introduced the whole thing to a friend of hers. They saw Chicago. And they got seats together in row E, five rows from the stage. Way on the side, but still really good seats. She's so excited about this new thing she can do. And she got J. Peterman's autograph afterwards!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote