View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 AM   #11
bluesdave
Getting older every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Then I guess it's time for the Iraqi people to get their shit together.
Believe it, or not, I agree with your sentiment, but "we" bombed their country into a dust bowl. You cannot expect them to spring up out the the dust, and emerge with bright, shiny armour - and as a unified country.

Iraq was an artificial country to start with. The disparate social groups would never have agreed to form a "unified country" in the first place. The West forced this upon them. Then we then invaded in 2003. This makes Iraq "our" problem.

Yes, I know I am not over there risking my life every day. I have the deepest respect and admiration for the Allied troops doing a nearly impossible job. Our politicians got us into this mess, but our troops are the ones who have to carry the weight. I fully understand this, and if I was a US soldier, I would want "out" too, just as most Allied troops wanted out of WW1 and WW2, but 99% of them stuck to it, and saved our world. You have to realise that pulling out prematurely could create a situation that makes the current one look like a piece of cake.