View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #185
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I wish I had been able to spend more time at Camden Lock when I was there last year. Very cool place. I never saw the moped seating, but that's really funny.
We rode that water bus from Camden on the canal to Little Venice. That was fun, to be in a boat seeing hidden parts of London, insulated from the hustle and bustle, but right in the middle of it all.
Sorry Glatt, missed this in my frenzy of posting.
I've done boat trips to & from Camden over the years and I agree, it's wonderful to see things that even many Londoners don't.

Camden Lock & Market can be very crowded; Mum told Dad it was packed. She's never been on a weekend, where they actually close the Underground station because it's an old Northern Line branch and can't cope with the volume of passengers. It's like Oxford Street at Christmas, only all year round.

Then again, she thought we were being pounced on by stallholders. She followed my lead and became a bit more blase. Trust me, once you've been in countries where stallholders follow you halfway down the street thinking you are trying to haggle, when in fact you just have no interest in what they are trying to sell, Camden is not running the gauntlet.