View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #21
Flint
Snowflake

people who sell you stupid clothes

I needed a black dress shirt, and my ex took me to a fancy dept store at the mall. They were fitting me for the shirt and I told them my main concern is that my arms are very long, and I don't want the sleeves to be too short, ESPECIALLY when I bend my elbow and the sleeve creeps 2" up my wrist.

I felt like they needed to add an inch to what they were saying my sleeve length was. The lady disagreed. I insisted. Just add an inch. I have very long arms. No, no, she's sure her number are right. I want another inch. So she goes to get ANOTHER guy, her clothes-selling manager I guess, who explains that adding another inch will make the shirt hang down funny over my hands. YES, but I spend ZERO hours per day standing with my arms by my side. I need the shirt to cover my wrists WHILE I'M USING MY ARMS. Okay, but the length they are suggesting will do that. Are you sure? Yes. Are you REALLY SURE? Because MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT THE SLEEVES WILL BE TOO SHORT. No, this is the right length for you. Okay, if you say so. Trust us, this is what we do.

I guess that makes sense. They know how to measure shirts, right? WRONG.

The sleeves were about ONE INCH TOO SHORT. And when I wear that shirt I have to roll up the sleeves. Stupid goddamn motherfuckers.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote