Thread: I was thinking
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I think you're just loyal to merc because he did you a good turn IRL. The rest of us are reacting to what he actually writes on our forum which is frankly terrible stuff. He had good points buried in his comments but he gets so angry he can't put together a rational response.

The Congressional Record scrap is indicative. F and B made a nice explanation of how it could be useful, but there has long been a libertarian desire to see the endless parade of garbage being put into the record stopped. Seen in this light Beohnor could actually be seen as gutsy by some, but really he just threw the baby out with the bath water. As we get more information, the bin Laden deal looks like an execution not a fire-fight and that is probably not how these Seal guys see themselves. Showing up unarmed bin Laden probably thought he'd get a bully pulpit rather than a bullet in the eye because he misjudged Obama's adherence to realpolitik believing in the cartoonish waffler some claim he is. Merc probably feels ST6 was missused, but the mad dog was silenced for the good of the country.
Thanks for your input Griff, but this actually had nothing to do with the situation with merc. I'm pretty ok with what people think of me over my relationship with him. I realise most people are able to separate that from all my other posts and that's fine. FTR, I agree with most of your post though.