Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
… I've learned more about Europe and its political and legal structures, how that interacts with our and potential ramifications of this or that trading relationship in the last 2 years than in the 20 years leading up the vote. ...
Just think how much more you'll have learned in another 2 years!

Quote:
… I'd like a vote now while we all actually have some kind of a clue about how this shit works.
Of course you would. You know there'll be an attrition factor when people are faced with the process of actual change...any change.

Quote:
… I actually think if we have another vote it might just go more comprehensively Brexit ...
Do you really think anyone will swallow that line But, but, if we have a do-over now, you might be even bigger winners!

You're a nice lady; so, a compromise is in order: After Brexit has been accomplished, have a referendum on whether or not to join the EU. That way, people will be better educated and everyone (not just the old fogies) will have actually experienced life outside the EU which is so crucial to making an informed decision what with all the propaganda that goes on there.

Until then, suck it up and enjoy the amusement that people making uninformed decisions provides. The rest of the world is.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote