View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #208
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The Ghetto Dump across the street has been kind of quiet and tidy lately and a friend's mom moved in recently so that is good.

However, there has also been someone there working lately who brings his crazy-ass part bull terrier part husky or malamute dog with him. The dog will go on multi-hour barking jags which is only extremely tedious.

This morning the inchling came running to the living room saying there was a dog at the door. I fugured it was one of my neighbors whose dogs occasionally get loose and roam around. I walk to the screen door to be confronted by an 80-90 pound, hackles raised, snarling and growling, Bull terrier head with two-tone eyes standing in my mud room making little lunges at me when I started to open the door.

Realizing That the mm was standing next to me and she was half a head shorter that the dog, I realized we were outgunned and I quickly slammed the solid door. The dog ran around to the back of the house and I went and shut that door too. A few minutes later the mm was shouting that the dog was back and in our yard and mrs. foot, who is a dog person and worked in shelters for dogs and was channeling St. Francis, went out to talk with the dog. (Whatever, you ride that rocket, home girl. Personally, not a fan of the teeth even if my arm were 100%)

This is the part that will really surprise you and you would never have seen coming in 1,000 years: (sarcasm alert) The owner stood about 150 feet away from his dog and repeated about 50 or 60 times a command for the dog to "come here" while the dog completely ignored him and growled at mrs. foot. I went out into the yard and the dog ran out of our yard and into the street near the owner and proceeded to cavort around the owner, ignoring his calls.

I told the owner I didn't appreciate being menaced in my own yard and he said, here's another one from left field, "The dog is very friendly and doesn't bite." and another all time classic "He got loose, he never does that."

I told him I wasn't interested in finding out the hard way if his dog was friendly or not, and it wasn't my problem that his dog slipped its leash. Finally, I told him if the dog came on my property again, he would probably never see the dog again. I am considering calling the Chief of Police and putting him on notice of my intent to put the dog down since we do not have an effective dog warden or effective dog laws in this town.

By the way, yesterday I took delivery of a Remington 870 Express and enough ammo to deal with a horde of zombie dogs.

Last edited by footfootfoot; 07-19-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Just sayin.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote