View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #613
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
… How about a quick informal poll? Anyone here think he was being sarcastic at the time he made his remarks about injecting disinfectant? Please post below.
Trump is as inarticulate as all get out. It's a pain to listen to him speak and try to figure out what it is he's actually trying to communicate.

I think he was serious about the concept he was trying to present: Introducing something with known topical antiviral properties into the body.

I think it was naive of him to use the words inject and disinfectant, even if sarcastically, and not realize the general public would associate that with using something like Clorox or Lysol for needle injection.

Can we use a topical disinfectant for injection into the body? Yes, we do that. We can use vinegar (acetic acid), a disinfectant, topically in ear canals to treat infection. We also inject it into the bladder through a catheter to treat infection there. The basic premise is viable.

Trump, not having an aptitude for medicine, doesn't understand how this premise is limited in scope of application (he referenced the lungs) and the microorganisms it's used against (primarily bacteria).
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote