View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #5720
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
So I'm registered with two state labor job banks and have been looking now for some months. Today I searched for jobs with a min salary of 25K (~12.50/hr)

They want degrees in engineering and multiple years experience in the field.

The warehouse forklift job (min wage) only requires a HS diploma but requires a year of warehouse experience with pallet jacks and fork trucks, with NO OTJ!

Where the fuck are the jobs?

Last week I applied for a bakery job, the online app took 45min to fill out for a minimum wage job that expected three years of bakery experience AND full knowledge of health and safety codes for restaurants, determining product pricing, and ordering and maintaining inventory. Oh and also culinary school experience.
I hear ya. I've been going fast and hard for a few months now. I'm not tryin' to be Pope. Or even astronaut. But the scrutiny is really intense. No probs with the interviews or skills tests, or the background checks or the piss tests. There's always one more thing. (Columbo...but one more thing...)

It's crazy.

I have some good tugs lately but who knows if they'll pan out? Just make sure you can dance like Baryshnikov if'n you're 50 or older. It's very important you can do that.

:hugz:
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote