View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #6269
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
The little baby microwave oven at work, suitable for warming a small dish of leftovers, or a cup of coffee, etc. It's not very sophisticated, but it has a digital display and a rotating glass plate inside. That's the part that I find irritating. The programming on the damn thing is all one button and go. 1 for one minute, 2 for two minutes, etc. The thing is at low counter height so I have to lower my forearm a few inches to put the coffee mug in. Close the door and press 2 (or 1) same shit happens. It starts up, irradiating my coffee while rotating the turntable. Without exception, when I put the mug in using my right hand, the handle is at the OPTIMAL location (about 4 o'clock), at then end of the cooking cycle, it's way the fuck over at 11 or 12 or 9 or something. I have to manually scoot the turntable around, DJ scratch style to wind the handle back to me in the only place I can reach.

Why did you decide that an integer number of minutes translates to a fractional number of rotations Mr Engineer? Now, if the microwave oven itself was installed a foot higher, I could have a greater range of motion for my retrieving hand, but no. I find it irritating Every. Damn. Day.
Because if you are not a little annoyed you will not upgrade to the more expensive one when it blows up one week after the warranty expires. And if you are a lot annoyed, you will change brand.

Have you considered stopping it a few seconds earlier?