View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #7935
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

A new elementary school has been opened near us to serve a growing community of young families. Minifob's Kindergarten teacher told me that she will be transferring there next year (at her request, because her own neighborhood now feeds to this new school and she wants to teach where her kids are.) Well okay, it's not like Minifob could have her again, though I had been hoping that in another year Minifobette might be placed with her.

Then I found out that Minifobette's PPCD teacher is not coming back next year, because she has decided to stay home with her baby. This is a much greater blow, because she is amazing and there is a huge disparity among special ed preschool teachers. Some stories I've heard from moms at other schools, I'd sooner pull my kid out entirely than let her be in a classroom with these people. Plus, I had been relying on her for inside information each year to figure out which teacher would be the best one to place Minifob with, since we do have that right but it does me no good if I don't know the teachers.

Well, at least I'll still have our speech therapist, who has been working with my kids for as long as the PPCD teacher has. She is fantastic and never tries to use candy as a reinforcer.

Ha ha, joke's on me, turns out the speech therapist is going to the new elementary school too. Now there is no one in the building who has any experience with either of my kids. Next year was all settled, and now I'm terrified about it.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote