View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:44 AM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The author of the book referenced throughout the puzzle is a male, has absolutely no relation to the creator of the puzzle, is not a small-time unknown author, and isn't even American/English/etc but rather Japanese.

Perhaps the site's creator is a female. Or perhaps he is gay. Or perhaps he is just a good friend of the author. You have no idea who has relation to whom outside of the internet. The fact that Murakami is (as you imply) popular in Japan doesn't change the fact that I've yet to meet a single person playing TINP who had heard of him before.

And of course the man is Japanese--that ain't exactly a Jewish name he's got there. Why are you convinced that the site isn't also created by someone Japanese, or that a Westerner couldn't be friends with someone in Japan? I personally know four people living in Japan right now, and all of them are good enough friends that I would pimp their book in an untapped market if I could come up with a way to do it.

The fact remains that it's the internet, and you can never really have solid proof of who the site's creator is or what his motives are, short of meeting him in person.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote