Thread: Jeeps
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The Jeep grille is recognizable trademark used in many T-Shirts, stickers and marketing logos. The H2 Hummer had a grille that was reminiscent enough for Daimler-Chrysler to file an infringement suit when that vehicle was unveiled. they lost, but mostly because they were slow to file the suit.

Quote:
The ruling Monday said that DaimlerChrysler waited too long to contend that the H2 grille dilutes the uniqueness of the grill on the Jeep Wrangler. It also said DaimlerChrysler was unlikely to show confusion by consumers between the Jeep Wrangler and the H2.
Jeep has carried that 7 slot design across most of it's vehicle lines, in one way or another since I've been aware of them. I like it.

Name:  XK CLOSE UP.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  79.9 KB

There are plenty of other makes that have a distinctive grille. Want an easy way to discern the difference between a Camaro and a Firebird? Through the evolving models over years of the two cars being built form the same platform, the Pontiac always has a split grille, where the Chevy is one segment.....

or a Caravan vs Voyager? the grille of most Dodges are divided into 4 sections with a cross.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote