View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
Squawk
Peoploid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
So far, it hasn't been a problem with my cellular service.

I do get them on my landline; but, my phone system handles it. I have a base unit and many cordless handsets (the system will handle up to a dozen). All of their ringers are turned off as is message screening so I don't hear them being recorded. I have enough handsets to see an incoming call display light up on a handset from anywhere in the place. Repeaters extend the range of the handsets well out the front and back doors.

I answer the caller ID numbers I recognize and the others just go to the answering machine in the base unit (45 min. recording time) to be periodically deleted en masse. The system can block up to 250 numbers; but, I haven't had to block any yet. They seem to get discouraged after awhile. New ones always crop up though.

It's configured as a completely silent system; yet, I can restore the audio of the ringer and the call screening across the system; or, on any individual handset as desired in case I'm expecting a call.

The system will also link (via Bluetooth) to up to four cell phones. I can take and make calls through my cellular service using the handsets so I don't have to have my cell phone on me at home. The system could also operate that way without a landline service. With cellular service it still uses voicemail rather than the answering machine which can be accessed through the handsets too.

Peace and quiet, it works for me. YMMV.
Sounds like you've got more tech than NASA

I have caller ID so I can see internationals. Yes quite a few have come from India. I never had a problem with my mobile until I uploaded my c.v. with the number on it to some job agencies a year or so ago. Someone's been up to no good with my personal data.

Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Squawk is offline   Reply With Quote