View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 06:52 PM   #28
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Unhappy Re: Movies that actually scared somebody

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit
     I'm not talking about something jumping out of the bushes unexpectedly. I'm talking about a movie that scares somebody into a fetal position, can't sleep for three days without nightmares stuff.
     The only movie I can think of that qualifies is The Excorcist. I got a copy of that when I was 16 and showed it to the 15 year old son of a holy-roller across the street. He balled up in the corner of the couch and whimpered, "Turn it off" a few times. I found it facinating to watch him, unable to turn away, scared shitless. Amusing too. Anyone else?
I'm a big old ninny, so most horror movies I REFUSE to watch, but I'll have to agree with you on The Excorcist ("The power of Christ compels you!!" Or something like that). Hell, just reading the BOOK creeped me out!

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote