Thread: Comcast sux
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #32
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Not true. I have yet to pay my Comcast bill, dating back to mid July, and not only have they not fixed my service, but they refuse - steadfastly - to give me anything approaching an adequate credit for what they refer to as "services".

I have cancelled my Comcast service today, owing them nearly $1,200.00 for installation that was dicey at best, intermittent cable TV, broadband and phone, endless conversations with reps, tens of hours on the phone, poor picture quality throughout, repeated failures of supervisory staff to contact me (four out of five times I've been told a super would call, they have not) and contract servicepersons who would arrive and then tell me they couldn't do the work I needed because they *were* subcontractors.

Today, Comcast made me their absolute final offer of credit $98.00, and I told them they should come get their gear. Next stop, I imagine, is court, where I will probably have to take them in order to unsully my already spotty credit record. Clearly, it is Comcast's policy that you should give them money, and they will provide you functional service if and when it is convenient.

I was told that it was my responsibility to call *every time* I was having a service issue. I have had a service issue virutally every day since they connected me, and my average call is now lasting over 40 minutes. You can do the math. Comcast has me working for them, not the other way around. They are utterly uninterested in retaining me as a customer unless I give them the amount that they feel they are entitled to, and give no credence whatsoever to my frequent, in depth and detailed descriptions of their service failings.

I have reported them to the BBB, the local newspaper's At Your Service columnist, and a local TV station. No response from any of them, yet. I chalk this up to the likelihood that *this is their normal level of service and normal way of doing business*, and so there's no point in anyone even trying to do something about it. Comcast isn't going to budge. I suspect this is because, if they did, they'd be bankrupt due to incompetence. The only thing keeping them in business is having a monopoly.

So, I'll be here quite a lot less until I get DSL installed, which is about two weeks out right now.

I have never had such poor service and treatment as a customer of any service in my entire life. Unbelieveable, simply unreal.