Thread: FREE MUSIC
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #4
Flint
Snowflake

http://voodoofunk.blogspot.com/
Quote:
From 2005 to 2008 I lived in Conakry, the capital city of Guinea, from where I extensively traveled all over the coastal region of West Africa, always on the lookout for records but collecting much more along the way.

Here, on the first page of this blog, I posted some of the more recent mixes but the meat and potatoes you will find in the archived list to the right which contains somewhere around 60 reports that I wrote during my 3 years in Africa. Except the first two posts which are about two visits to Ghana and Nigeria made while living in NYC. Anway, all the links ending with "-MP3-" will lead you to posts with streaming mp3 mixes which were all created with the records found on these travels and within just days or weeks of finding them. All posts are in reverse chronological order. If you want to start from the beginning, please begin at the bottom of the list with the story of Mr. Mafa and his record store.
You can get lost for hours, days, in these streaming mixes of ass-shaking, undiscovered African funk.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote