View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:51 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

The book is a "homemade" cookbook from 1972. It's hilarious (which I wan't expecting, so that's a bonus). it cost me nearly $25 which is why I took so long to decide to buy it. It's recipes from the wives of employees of a tire company in Ohio. Many of them start with pre-prepared products. Most of them sound absolutely gross, a surprisingly large proportion of them contain booze ( and there are three recipes for punch) and a lot of them contain ingredients that are already somewhat prepared (for example Gourmet Baked Beans starts with two large cans of pork & beans)

I came across it because the tire company was the Hercules Tire Company, so they called the cookbook from the wives of Hercules employees "The Hebe Cookbook". This copy was located only 100 miles from me in Michigan (although it went via Pittsburgh in the 3 weeks it took to reach me), so that made me interested as well. I plan to start to thread on it because i am finding it very interesting, but that will be for another day when...... well just.... yeah..... perhaps when I can find a shit to give again