Thread: Confession Box
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

The hell, people? Smoke a bowl. Chill!

My drinking story: Way back in the '80s, I went on a pub crawl with some coworkers. I remember going to two or three bars, then the next thing I knew, it was 2 a.m. and I was in the back of a cab that had just brought me to my flat. Apparently, I paid the driver, as he let me go without any argument, but my wallet was completely empty. Don't know if I drank all that money or gave it all to the cabbie.

Nevertheless, my coworkers apparently never knew I'd blacked out - no reports of me acting crazy or doing anything out of the ordinary - but I sure as hell knew. I knew that I was incredibly fucking lucky, and incredibly fucking stupid. I never told anybody about this (until now).

Having no idea what happened that night was enough to sober me right the hell up, and I've never repeated the experience. Oh, I still drink, but very little and very responsibly. Bud is my go-to party favor. Oddly enough, I seem to be consuming less and less of either/both as a matter of course. No telling why, as I have enough money to buy what I want and I work from home these days, so I could partake any time I like, but I just don't seem to that much anymore.

I suppose getting older has something to do with it. My biggest vice these days is taking long afternoon naps.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote