View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #59
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Karen is not running and it was CLEARLY her decision in each article. There is NO hypocrisy here. Just partisan bullshit from those who want to make a big deal out of it.
Does Rick think (if the procedure was option 1 that I listed) that his wife's doctor should be arrested? Does Rick think that the choice was up to his wife and his wife alone? Does Rick think that his wife should have been allowed to decide to have that procedure to save her life, with or without his consent?
When Rick Santorum staked out the position that a fertilized egg is a Person - and should be legally considered a person, and this that the government should be in the business of regulating the reproductive systems of women, having a double standard when it's his own family is important.
If he was making his opposition to drugs an important campaign issue, but his daughter had a medical Mary Jane prescription, I would have a huge problem with the idea that it's okay for him and his but unacceptable to the general public.
It's not the decision on the pregnancy I question. It's his double-standard, that the government should ban something that he believes is acceptable when his loved ones do it.