View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #22
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
You don't want your son to think you're uncool, or you don't want his mom to think you're endangering him by carting him around in that rattletrap?
My son and I have a great relationship and he knows I'm cool - for a Dad anyway. His mom knows that I'd never do anything to endanger him. In fact, her car is in a far greater state of disrepair than mine - but that has naught to do with it. She has dents on every side of her minivan - examples of her at least one accident-a-year driving skill.

My car is fine for me - I know all her little idiocincracies - she's in great shape! She runs fine, new trans as of last spring, no dents or rust, great on gas (23-28mpg) no leakage, and everything works. My current car is a 5 spd stick and I'm leaning toward getting an automatic. I now drive too much for work and in traffic it can be a pain to drive a stick. Also, Without making a long story longer, I am trying to teach/show my son the benefits of working hard and getting an education. Not that a car is that great an example, but it is something to which a 16 yr old boy can relate. I am also cognizant that he will be driving soon and I want him to be in the safest situation I can afford.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote