View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
very very interesting. I can't wait to hear Bruces results. I wonder if you will have any suprises?

although I know my grandfathers and grandmothers race being irish x2, american indian and English I think too there must be some african in there someplace if I were to venture to get one of those kits. I would not be suprised. I can't afford it so I'll just live through Bruces excitement.

( although I would love to from some old celtic land. I got hairy enough legs for it):p
It's not a geneology search, much more general than that.

I know the line, on my mothers side, back to about 1200AD England, for sure, and back to 700AD Denmark, by educated guess of professional researchers.
On Pop's side, I only know back to early 1800s Scotland.

This project goes back tens of thousands of years to see what side trips the line may have taken between Africa and the US. Most likely Kazakhstan was the first stop, from what I've seen.
Quote:
I just don't see why people care.
I know about my history because of my family, but it makes no sense to me to "identify" with any of it.
It's knowlege I find interesting.
The "purpose" of the project, according the the guy that started it, is to demonstrate how closely every human being is related. To show that people should "identify" with every other human. That separating people by race is a pointless exercise.

I want to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.....