View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #2013
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

my turn...

I don't believe in bad luck, but I'm bein' tried, in a large way.

Just renewed car insurance...here, in LA., the rates are high (cuz it's a shithole).

Yesterday: my front left tire failed, a nice strip ripped right off the interior, exposing the metal...ridin' on the spare till Monday cuz I'm broke (cuz I just renewed the car insurance).

Today: the 12 year old & me were on the road when the brake & battery warning lights flicked on...pulled over, popped the hood...brake fluid is fine, belt is tight & in place...started her up, let her run...waitin' for the battery to fail...*poof* the lights go out...figured it might be a failing fuse or some such...we continued on into town and went to Auto Advance for a free look-see.

Turns out oil is dripping into the alternator, gumming up the works.

So: I'm broke, riding' on a spare, and will probably have to replace the alternator and repair the oil leak (and the power steering leak I've been makeshifting against).

Where is 'that' cash gonna come from?

Hell if I know.

Again: I don't believe in bad luck...my life is no worse than many, and a damn sight better thsn some...sometimes, though, things conspire in just the wrong way to mimic bad luck.

Bitchin' done.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote