View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #1743
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Freeze, You're Arrested!
One Monster.com member remembers an interview that was a bust:

Toward the end of my interview with a Fortune 100 company, the interviewer offered me the job. Before I could say anything, the police and the fire marshal came into the office and arrested the interviewer. On the way out the door, he turned and said, "I hope this doesn't sour you on working for the company.

The Accidental Salesperson sees the bright side: At least there's one less person you have to climb over on your way to the top.

A Christmas Story

Monster.com member Melinda1260 recalls this holiday story:

Sales were great the week before Christmas, and everyone was caught up in wrapping gifts. Glancing up, I spotted a shoplifter at work. She could not see me, and I knew I couldn't prosecute if I lost eye contact with the thief. Everyone at the counter started laughing at the poorly wrapped package. The thief looked my way and started running. I yelled, "Stop, thief!" She turned around and asked if I was talking to her. I described every item she had taken. After retrieving more than $400 worth of merchandise, I went back to the counter where the customer was waiting for his badly wrapped package. He said, "I will take my package just like it is. It will make a good story when we open the presents.

The Accidental Salesperson replies: That's a wrap.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote