View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Big problem here is that there are various levels of disabled and handicapped.

For example, many people are eligible to get a sticker, perm or temp for recent surgery, poor mobility, etc. So when they get out of their car and walk you might not think that they are "disabled" when in fact it is totally legit.

I can see if there is no sticker or tag to indicate legal parking, those people ought to be shot. We recently had a great case in our local Kroger. Cop pulls up and sees a car parked in the handicapped space without a appropriate tag. He blocked the guy in till he came out and slaped him with a $250 fine. Justice served.
Quote:
Some businesses used to do that, voluntarily, IE Tom Thumb's "Stork Club" parking, but I haven't seen it anywhere lately except Babies -R- Us.

Why don't we have these? You can't tell me that carrying an entire human being inside your body doesn't constitue a valid mobility issue.
If you can walk the store/mall, you can walk to your car in the parking lot.

If the shit-heads looked where they were going instead of trying to run over people in wheelchairs in parking lots & inclement weather I would have no issue with disabled spaces being away from the front of the stores.
But, there are very few things I can think of that are more dangerous than riding a wheelchair in a busy parking lot, most drivers are morons.
That and I need extra space for my lift. I'm getting to the place where I'm going to start opening it onto cars that park in the lift space next to the van and just say "didn't see the fuck-head".

Last edited by rkzenrage; 08-06-2007 at 05:07 PM.