View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #1879
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Probably going to speed up the deterioration of the wood significantly.
Seems like it would, but I swear to you it doesn't. The oil from cooking soaks in better than the dishwasher could ever hope to get it out.

True story: I currently have three wooden spoons in my kitchen--the super-cheap kind that comes with splinters--which were given to me as a gift from someone in Mr. Clod's extended family the Christmas after we got engaged. (We had to drive up to Illinois so everyone could say they met me, but because no one knew anything about me--or communicated with each other, apparently--I literally got three gifts each containing a kitchen towel and a set of wooden spoons. Two went to Goodwill, and I kept the third.) The point is, our 15th anniversary is next week, and I'm still using the same three spoons. The handles are pine-colored (save for a couple of burn marks,) but the ends are dark brown and smooth like finished furniture. The only care I've ever shown them is after they come out of the dishwasher, I let them air dry before tossing them back in the drawer because I'm paranoid about mold.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote