View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Juniper
I know, right?

Ditto the advice to just keep on keepin' on. I nursed my son till he was 2 1/2, and there were indeed days he wanted it every 2 hours. One day he and I just had a little talk and I said that this might be a good time to quit. He agreed, and that was that.

He never took a bottle. Never. Did drink from a cup around 15 months or so. Slept with us, or one of us. We had a very casual attitude about sleep. I don't see what the big deal is, personally. Why does it matter where you sleep, as long as you sleep? We'd sleep all over the house. Son in bed with me, hubby in bed with then-4-5 year old daughter, or on the couch, or wherever. My daughter when she was a baby went through a phase when she could only sleep laying on top of one of us on the couch!

Then we transitioned to having mom or dad lay down with them in bed till they fell asleep, then leaving. By the time they were 7 or so, bedtime was a pretty normal sleep-in-own-bed bedtime.

YMMV, but I just didn't think this was a battle worth fighting. Bedtime isn't the only time for giving your spouse some attention.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote