Thread: Tasteless Jokes
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 09:24 AM   #168
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Very well put, I think. Lady Syc I have to applaude you for pointing out the fact that everyone is different in their own way, and many jump to conclusions about what they may read or see whether online or another reality altogether. I think that some contributng factors vary in this case, ranging from various drug habits, overall contentness with life in general, and also the way others may have been raised to perceive the words and actions of others (to name just a few). I believe it would probably do someone out there a favor to notice the way that last sentence begins with the words "I THINK", instead of "I KNOW". I read something to that effect in one of Syc's poems on his personal home page that really struck a very deep chord with me and although it read as a simple poem at first, I don't know very many others that could address such an issue so directly with very few words. It sticks to me to this very day and I am looking forward to reading the others, hopefully when I am off again and actually have the patience to read instead of write my own. But yeah, it does always suck when someone doesn't appear to have much of a sense of humor, especially when it seems to them that instigating a 'holy' witch hunt is the only proper response, I think. Something else I THINK, the best way to deal with this sort of individual is to forgive them for their ignorance and lack of understanding. I usually ask them if they are taking their medication and chances are that if they don't laugh and smile with you, just apologize for the joke and move on. But we don't do that sort of thing at a thread named "Truly Tasteless Jokes", now do we?