View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 01:24 PM   #105
Xugumad
Punisher of Good Deeds

Quote:
MaggieL
<shrug> If you really believe the two are equivalant, no amount of explaining will convince you...your responses will only dissolve into the litany of question-begging we've already heard.

[...]before you to begin to develop a genuine moral compass that rises above the kindergarden level of "fighting is bad" and "two wrongs don't make a right".
Ad hominem attacks aside, there seems to be some sort of cognitive dissonance going on in your postings as they relate to my (and other people's) opinions.

I wrote very carefully about "civilians" and "innocents" and uninvolved parties.

You answer (not quoting me, but using quotation marks to make it look like I wrote it) with sardonic retorts about "fighting is bad", which completely misrepresents what I said.

You of course completely and utterly ignored the points made about killing innocents to accomplish a target that is eluding us, again and again. (but as we fail, we shift focus to distract from that. Osama who?)

Since pretty much nobody else with the occasional exception (hermit22, jaguar, sometimes spinningfetus, sometimes vsp, sometimes Nic Name) seems to hold even vaguely similar impressions of the hypocritical, failing, and alienating foreign policy that the US is pursuing (and make no mistake, WTC/Pentagon were the consequences of US foreign policy; horrible, unwanted, wrong consequences, but in their principal form inevitable nonetheless to any student of International Relations during the late 90s), I'll be happier not reading/posting on the Cellar anymore. Frankly, it is tiring to attempt to argue one's points and be rebuked by sneering incomprehension and willful ignorance.

I'm sure my departure won't be a great loss. Tony's dig earlier in the thread (referencing my style, but ignoring my points, quelle surprise) was enough of a hint for me.

Anyone else who wishes to talk to me privately, please email xugumad at yahoo dot com.

It's been a nice time, for much of it.

X.

"It is bad to be oppressed by a minority, but it is worse to be oppressed by a majority... from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason."
-- Lord Acton, The History of Freedom in Antiquity (1877)
Xugumad is offline   Reply With Quote