View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #37
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm happy to see you expand on your answer orthodoc, thanks. I agree that there are levels of hostility and rudeness coming from the stepson and the dil that would surpass my boundaries. That's sad. They're adults and the prospect of "teaching" them anything in this area is very poor. They *might* learn and change, but it will be only on their own terms. Which, as many have pointed out and with which I agree, that Chris limit his exposure to situations where this kind of crap could/would happen. Although, that can be hard to predict; who would have expected this kind of shitstorm from the start of this episode?

Only people who've experienced this kind of treatment before, namely Chris and the rest of the players. It's sad.

Chris, I think if I were in your shoes, I'd do what satisfied *my* sense of fairness, what I felt did the best for all involved, including my own future prospects. In my opinion, unless you drove the hell out of their car, you did nothing that "broke" the car. You can't break a water pump like that. For all I know, it was broken before you sat down in it. Would you be on the hook for it sitting broken in the garage before you turned the key? No.

But, there are clearly lots of aspects to consider, and you're thinking twice and cutting once, good for you. Sorry your kids are being such disrespectful, juvenile jerks. That sucks. Do what's right by your lights, because it doesn't seem like the others *can* be satisfied no matter what.

Good luck man.