Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #128
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Toured the local pawnshops and found several cool looking mountain bikes. I think I can overcome my distaste for profiting from another's misery and shop at these stores, because the price seems reallly right. So, I know you've previously recommended Giant and Trek, but I found a couple of other makes that seemed to have cool components like front and rear suspension, disc brakes, gel padded seats, handlebar winglets (grablets? right angle add-ons, 3 inches long at the end of the bars pointing forward like horns...) etc. The other two makes were Gary Fischer and K2. Both these bikes were a little more expensive, but also "on sale". The Gary Fischer model came to $200 and the K2 was $150.

Whatcha think?

I was in a rush looking for other equipment*, not bike shopping, but they really caught my eye. I will probably go back this weekend for a ride. More info to follow.

* Turns out I was looking for a "splined wrench, 8 mm" I am in the process of replacing the clutch in DaughterofV's new VW Golf. They didn't have one though. More info in another post in another thread.