Thread: strange habits
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 11:33 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I do the James Bond Novel thing too.

And won't read the non-Fleming ones at all.

Actually I have a lot of these book habits, it seems.

I have to read the chronicles of Narnia in the original order. Ditto for Suzanne Cooper's The Dark is Rising Sequence.

Larry Niven's Known Space must be read in the order of the time line in the beginning of the short story collection Tales of Known Space.

If I start a series of something, I have to continue it ... books and videos mainly. The only dodadish such thing that I have are the Star Trek Hallmark Light and Sound Ornaments, and I receive those as gifts.

If I read a magazine, I read the WHOLE magazine. Letters to the Editor, stories, sidebars, even the stuff I'm not really interested in.

other ones ... Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds must be listened to at Halloween. Snoopy vs. The Red Baron must be heard at Christmastime. The Charlie Brown Christmas Special must be viewed at least once, either when broadcast on TV or on VHS/DVD at least once after December 1, but before December 25.

More to come. I have to really think about these, because to me, of course, these habits are not strange.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote