View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #25
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I don't think everyone on the cellar thinks the same way but it is more that we are exposed to the same narrative. This election was so polarizing because the narratives of each candidate were so different. Obama supporters see things one way and Romney supporters see something completely different. While everyone here has our own unique views, we were able to more or less agree that the narrative the Romney camp was promoting is bad for the country.

It was extremely frustrating for me to have a rational discussion with strong Romney fans or even read articles written by Romney supporters because there are so many fundamental disagreements. Virtually no common ground exists on the issues that were being discussed. That is why there was talk on both sides about the world collapsing if the other guy gets elected.

I think the unity of this discussion board depends on how Republicans react to this election. I'm not against many conservative ideas, but I would never be able to get behind anything they are pushing right now.