View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #326
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

I wasn't exactly sure where to plop this vid but since I was only able to do this because I sobered up, I figured that right here would be appropriate.

I was finally issued a medical certificate, albeit with limitations, on 6/9/16. Long story short of it is I applied for a 1st class medical (commercial pilots need a 1st or a 2nd) and they issued me a 3rd class medical (for private pilots) from Oklahoma City where the application was sent initially so I can fly while my 1st class is being reviewed in Washington D.C. which should take another 45 days or so at the time of issuance of the 3rd class.

with the 3rd class medical in hand I was able to finally take my training flight to become a Second In Command (SIC) or first officer on the Cessna Citation CE-500 series aircraft. Below is a video excerpt of the flight. We did 2 landings in Galveston with the 3rd in north houston, kdwh, where we left the plane for avionics maintenance.

kind of long but this is my first flight taking off and landing a jet (i've flown this plane and another like it before just never this involved)