View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #1529
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

...so I wanted to send a message to a dwellar who hasn't been around for ages, and I suddenly noticed the option to send an email - cool - did not know you could email direct from the Cellar.

I clicked on it and it took me a to a page where I could write up an email and a message informing me that by sending the email I would make my own email visible to them.

As I have recently (about a year ago) changed my email address, I figured I'd better nip into settings and change the email the Cellar has down for me. I was expecting my old btinternet.com address - nope. It's an email I forgot ever having set up and which must be fucking ancient, because it's an fsnet.co.uk address.

This email type vanished completely in 2014 and most of those email accounts were from the Freeserve internet provider which were then migrated when Freeserve became (was taken over by?) Orange, and was then joined by EE and so forth.

I used to have Freeserve internet in the late 90s/early noughties.

I haven't changed my email on the Cellar since I joined in 2004.

Had I not decided, on a whim, to click that link and send a direct email I'd never have known. That defunct email address, that I had completely forgotten about could have been on there for another decade.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote