View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #412
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
The AARP advocates for seniors.
Oh, that and thier insurance largesse that keep that 8 story building on K Street running and those multi-million dollar salaries going.

Quote:
Betsy McCaughey advocates for the Hoover Institute....a conservative think thank that wants no government role in health care or any segment of the economy.
I can't say I don't disagree with her. But she is correct on many levels.

Quote:
That doesnt change the fact that McCaughey is spreading "gross distortions" about the health reform proposals, and particularly the impact on seniors.
I doubt there are that many "gross distortions". She may have stretched the truth a little, sort of like AARP and how they overcharge seniors to keep the coffers padded. But I can see how you would not care for her opinion pieces.

Quote:
They must be "agents" of the Democratic party as well, huh?
No, but you most certainly are one.

Quote:
And as i have said on more that occasion, debunking your partisan op eds (and as griff noted recently elsewhere, your O'Reilly tactics of ignoring context) is hardly a challenge.
But yet you can't defend the actions of the Demoncrats in Congress and how they are spending away our future and thowing money at problems that have no sure fix. Tax and spend, tax and spend.

Quote:
Your obsession with Democrats is something I think you have to deal with on a personal level and I wish you well.
I am more concerned with my future, and as the Demoncrats have shown us I need to be concerned with the future of my great great grandkids as well. Becasuse they sure as hell don't care. The Dems are in power, they get the blame.