View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

May 31st, 2019: Tornadoes

Rich boy, poor boy, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you.
There is only one thing you can do... hide. That’s your only good option.

From The Atlantic...

Quote:
Every day for nearly two weeks now, severe weather systems have spawned multiple tornadoes across America’s Midwest and Northeast—an average of 27.5 tornadoes a day, according to NBC News. From Oklahoma to New Jersey, storms have been bringing destructive winds and rainfall to small towns, farms, and suburbs, causing at least seven deaths and leaving behind ruined buildings, power outages, and the threat of flooding. Gathered here: images of some of the cities and towns affected by this tornado outbreak over the past 13 days.
Don't make the mistake of thinking it's just trailer parks, I'm safe in a real building.

If you drive at 100 mph (161 kph) there’s no using hand signals, and your dog won’t stick his head out the window(more than once).
Now imagine wind two or three times that fast.

The other problem is the debris the wind carries with it. We’ve seen pictures of a piece of straw through a board, and trees impaled
by 2x4s, but I don’t know if this picture says more about the power of the storm or quality of construction.

It’s easy to see how a tornado could tear across the west where it’s flat, but in 2011 I took these pictures of the aftermath
of a tornado that tore across western MA. It started at about 50 ft elevation, took the side off that house at about 275 ft elevation.
Then it tore over the mountain gap at 800 ft elevation where the other pictures were taken. After that it continued up and down
for another 25 or 30 miles. So it appears terrain isn’t much help.

Tornadoes seem to be a North American thing, maybe the commies are doing it. Trump could ask his buddy Putin to turn it off.
Or we could put some serious effort into stopping the climate shift.

In the meantime hide.

PS, elspode said he had one close to him.