Thread: Law & Order
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #12
godwulf
Coronation Incarnate

wolf wrote:
Quote:
Most liked current: Christopher Meloni on L&O/SVU
I like it when Elliot gets right in the face of some child molestor or killer, and that crazy-ass look comes into his eyes, and he smiles, like he's mentally eviscerating the guy; he doesn't need to beat people up like some 'tough cops' on t.v. (although he has taken a few good shots from time to time) - that look is scary enough.

Most missed: Angie Harmon. My god, I could watch that woman reading a book for an hour, or just about anything else.

Moriarty was good, but I like Sam Waterston's fire and emotion. One of my all-time favorite L&O scenes was when the judge let the other attorney bring in matters that she'd previously excluded, screwing up McCoy's case, and so he realized there was only one way to save the day - he started asking questions of the witness about other things the jury wasn't supposed to know about, and the judge kept shouting for him to be quiet, and he kept right on talking until she held him in contempt and declared a mistrial.

One of the most fascinating recent episodes of the original show, to me, involved a man who'd murdered his partner and fellow bookie, after embezzling a great deal of money from their 'business', whose eventual defense was that he'd been sending all of the money to Israel to protect Jews from terrorism, and his partner was threatening that activity. McCoy and the DA were concerned about whether the Jewish members of the jury were being influenced by the argument. McCoy's summation was brilliant and very dramatic.

Btw, anybody remember what Richard Belzer did before becoming an actor?
godwulf is offline   Reply With Quote