View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #1424
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Art Bell, out there late night radio call in talk show host (Coast To Coast, Dark Matter) died yesterday, age 72.

---------------------------------------

Director Milos Forman (One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, The Peopl Vs. Larry Flynt) also died yesterday after a short ilness. He was 86.

---------------------------------------

Patrick F. McManus,

Name:  mcmanus.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  51.5 KB

outdoor humor writer has died. He wrote the back page column Last Laugh for Outdoor Life for decades. It was the very first thing I read every issue. His brand of humor was like no one else's. Extremely self-deprecating humor, focusing on the ineptitude of the human animal in the great outdoors.

Quote:
9. “Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life’s
 great satisfactions.”

12. “It is best not to use a sleeping bag on your first attempt to sleep outside alone in the dark. Sleeping bags are not 
made for running.”

13. “In my own defense, I have nothing against standards. Years ago I'd even possessed one myself. It was not a high standard by any means, but rather a low one, so low in fact I was forever tripping over the blasted thing. So I got rid of it.”

16. “Tell her that a gun collection is like wilderness. 
Even though we don’t use all of it all the time, we need to 
know that it’s there.”
~Patrick McManus, link

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote