Thread: Racism
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Racism

It might be a small thing but casual racism has reinforced my bacefook reduction. Right-wingers joke about triggering people but I can't figure out how to react otherwise. If you let it pass it is acceptance.

Context: My uncle shared a real estate listing for a local store which fell into hard times and is being sold. They used to have a good meat selection and gas which was enough. Anyway one of his Vietnam buddies replied to it saying we have to make sure no raghead buys it. I could have started a discussion of how an immigrant family would be ideal for the setup, running it, living on-site, repopulating the township etc... but that would have been a non-starter. I could have ignored it but that is acceptance. I just replied with a lame, "WTF?!". The situation requires more discussion about how these attitudes support the depopulation trend in rural America and how racism is cutting our own throats... The buddy lives in the suburbs though so it isn't even his fight. Oh well I've got nothing but ruminations. Any thoughts are welcome.