View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #192
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Were you using dried cilantro, SG? The recipe may have been specifying fresh, three tablespoons of fresh cilantro isn't that much... Looks good!
It didn't specify one way or the other. I used cheaty stuff in suspension from a jar - not precisely fresh, but not dried either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
...and put it in a little bowl on the table. Sprinkle it on your food with your fingers, to taste.
Shrug - the recipe called for it to be added at the beginning, and it was cooked for 1hr 15 mins in total, so I figure sprinkling it on top would get a different flavour effect. I enjoyed at as it was, it surprised me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
...Mexican Eggs -- looks like Huevos Rancheros, not so? (Freely translated, Eggs Rancho Style)
That pretty much sounds like the recipe, except no hot peppers, only chilli flakes. I figured Huevos Rancheros might be something slightly different - I've certainly had it with cheese - as the recipe book just called this dish Mexican Eggs. Still, they might figure Brits wouldn't know what they meant otherwise

Beans on toast tonight - we're going to see my neice's school production of West Side Story (she's crew not cast, sadly) so we have to eat early.