View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #715
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

And vice versa.

One panel got installed tonight.

*sigh*

I get about an hour and a half of daylight/twilight by the time I get up the ladder to get stuff done. And the panel I did get up is a little crooked, the price I pay for installing clear material after dark.

Anyway, only six nails have to come back out and I've modified my plan, simplifying it. Fuck predrilling the stacks together, gangwise. I'll just put the panel on, and drill it when standing next to it. No biggie. But the time I spent measuring was wasted.

And, I did spend some time talking to my godson, the electrician. He's willing to help me, but not willing to undertake the installation of a new upsized panel in the house to accommodate our expanded electrical service needs. I'm not willing to do that either, so we'll have to hire an electrician for that part. I'm willing to pull the wire in the crawlspace (ugh!) and trench and conduit/pvc to the hot tub location. I don't really want to make the final connections either.

I'm completely willing to perform long term quality control tests on the completed installation of the hot tub though. I'm not a total slacker!