View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #82
Skunks
I thought I changed this.

I wouldn't bother with veggie dogs unless you can find a way to cook them completely separate. I know very few people who don't want to eat meat, but are okay with it being cooked on the same surface / steamed in the same water as meat.

But get good, fresh buns. Sourdough, maybe a whole grain. And if you want to get on the health food kick, find breads and ketchup that don't include high fructose corn syrup.

I also don't think Devil Dogs in any form is a good idea. I recently moved from Eugene, Oregon to rural, upstate NY; there are fundamental differences. Going from cali to Florida you just leave that bubble of cultural comfort.

If your business model for the next several years is dependent on you being the only person running the cart, then market it with your name. Your interaction with customers, your appearance, and your taste in food / preparation is going to be a significant part of your product, so market that. Keep it clear that you're a one-man operation. "Paul's Way: Healthy & Delicious Hot Dogs"
Skunks is offline   Reply With Quote