View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #2640
BardoXV
B.O.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'm listening to the audiobook of The Passage by Justin Cronin. What a wonderful book! And beautifully read too.
Many years ago the local PBS radio station had a program called "Reading aloud" and there were a few good books that I was able to listen to. I heard the end of the play "Equus" by Peter Shaffer and many years later was able to acquire a copy to read. I also say the movie but was very disappointed, because they took a stage production and shot the movie on non-stage locations. Next I listened to parts of "Miles from Nowhere" about a bicycle trip by a couple who rode around the world. In One of the more interesting segments, they were crossing Northern Africa and stopped for the night next to some Bedouin shepherds, visited with them and then want to bed in their tent. A short time later they heard them approach on foot and were afraid they might be attacked, robbed, and killed, and then they heard the men playing their musical instruments and singing, they were serenading them to sleep.
BardoXV is offline   Reply With Quote