View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #24
aimeecc
Super Intendent

My husband bought the FJ Cruiser in August. Great reviews. We both hate it now.

Our chief complaint is that in order for a passenger in the back seat to get out, the person in the front seat has to unbuckle and open their door. The handle for the rear doors is akward no matter if you are outside opening it or trying to open it from the inside.

This is truly important to us, since we put our son in the back seat, and I sit with him. I'm essentially trapped. Heaven forbid we ever get in an accident and my husband is knocked unconscious. I'd manage to get us out... but it wouldn't be easy or quick.

We can't even pull up to a gas station and have me run inside to get something without it being a production.

I can only blame ourselves - we had been car shopping for months, doing thorough research, then the FJ Cruiser came out, and my husband went car shopping without me. It was almost an impulse buy. I was at home, reading reviews for him, which were all good. Had I been there, we would have noticed these things. But his car had gone through a series of breakdowns and he had reached the point of "I need to trade it in now before something else goes wrong."

I usually love Toyotas. I've owned the Camry (loved it), Highlander (loved it) and now the Sienna (love it). I just wish the Sienna (or any decent van) got better gas mileage. I would trade size for gas mileage. I want a van (and not a smaller sedan or hatchback that would get better gas mileage) because of the sliding doors. It really is difficult to get the car seat in and out of a sedan.
aimeecc is offline   Reply With Quote