View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #63
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
...if you play it be sure to join the Dark Brotherhood.
For a Dark Brotherhood contract, I just killed the retired commander of the Imperial Legion, who lives at the barracks of the city watch.

The place was crawling with guards. I created a save point and tried a few different tactics--sneaking in and waiting for him to go to bed (surrounded by a dozen other sleeping guards); killing a guard, hiding the body and putting on his city watch armor (doesn't work like it did in Star Wars btw) ... no matter what I did, I was jumped by a swarm of angry guards, and more swarming in the door, and more when I ran outside, and they chased me halway across the country before I got away and had my theives guild contact pay off my bounties.

This morning I thought of a better solution: I equipped 20% chameleon armor, a 20% chameleon ring, a 35% chameleon ring, and a Master-level 33% chameleon potion. That's 108% chameleon--total invisibility that doesn't stop working when you interact with something. I just walked in and killed him, looted the corpse, and walked out the door.

It sounds like cheating, I guess, but everything I did was made possible by my initial decision to build a very sneaky character.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 05-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote