Thread: Walkin' man
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #331
glatt

After getting back to camp in the early afternoon, we convinced the boys we should take a hike. The Black Hills of SD are really gorgeous. The elevation was an adjustment though. I was huffing and puffing hiking up those hills. I live at sea level and this is 7,000 feet.
Name:  P1150350.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  159.2 KB
There was a lot of down time in that Medicine Mountain camp, and the boys played a lot of cards and Frisbee. It was nice to see them all getting along so well with one another. Some of them did mountain biking for two days, and some of them did rock climbing for two days. I didn’t get any pictures of that because I was sitting in my camp chair, reading.
We spent 3 full days and 4 nights at Medicine Mountain, and then it was time to start making our way to Montana.
First stop was Wyoming and Devil’s Tower. My son got this pic as we were getting close.
Name:  P1150514C.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  73.0 KB
We scrambled up the fallen rock pile to the base of the cliff and hung out up there for a while. Came down and hiked the easy paved trail around the base.
Name:  P1150568.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  146.0 KB
We saw a fair number of rock climbers on the thing. My sister had climbed up there a few years ago with her partner and sent me a picture from the top so it was cool to see other climbers doing it.
Name:  P1150574.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  139.1 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote